Life is good,
Life is wonderful,
Life is pain,
It's all a part of the game
One of the most beautiful things about life is to accept things as they are rather than resist. Last year was very hard on me, it still is but much less. I had to learn and re-learn how not to resist.
Non-resistance means going with the flow and surrendering to life. It means not blocking your "flow" with your analysis, judgement or control. It means just be and nothing else.
When I can't do anything to change the situation, its better to accept and move on. And that's what I am doing. Sounds very harsh and rigid but over a period of time, I have realized that it is possible to achieve our dreams and wishes even in the midst of acceptance and non resistance. But how ?
This is what I have learned from my experiences from the previous year :
1. Both happy and difficult moments in our life come in a cycle. Just like happy and difficult people or pleasant and painful relationships. There is no need to be prepared for or become anxious of the best or the worst. BOTH good/bad, better/worse, pleasure/pain always come and go just like an ongoing cycle. One day, you realize how both keep changing or keep coming and going even if you don't want the bad to come or even if you don't want the good to leave.
2. It is possible to find happiness even in the saddest times and find love even in the hardest times. It is because even in sadness, or in hardship, there are moments or things that misses our eyes because we are too much engulfed in our miseries and painful circumstances. So, we have to take out some time to find happiness in hidden places. Either we have to notice and make some effort or we have to become calm and still to sense the serenity in the chaos.
3. We have unlimited potential in us. We do not realize that and easily give up. I think that every day, we should try to test our limits a little more, go a little deeper, move an inch more or create something new, rise a little higher.
4. We are inherently beautiful. Our beauty spreads in proportion to our belief in ourselves. The more confident we are about ourselves, the more beautiful we will look on the outside. Self doubt will take us ten steps behind whereas, even blind faith can transform our lives beyond our imagination.
5. When logic doesn't work and circumstances doesn't change, we have to take refuge in the abstract realm. When the conscious or the real world is beyond our control, the subconscious world comes to our rescue. We need to search deep within ourselves through our fears, dreams, wishes, anxieties, hopes and desires to make sense out of this nonsense that we face everyday. Sanity can be reached only by exploring the subconscious or unconscious complexities or the pains of everyday human existence. We are with the flow when acceptance and exploration takes place instead of too much control, resistance or too many questions.
Here are some quotes on Flow :
“Everything is temporary. Emotions, thoughts, people, and scenery. Do not become attached. Just flow with it.” Anonymous
“Those who flow as life flows know they need no other force.” Lao Tzu
“Just flow with the time, do with the flow. Then there is no agony. There is only contentment all the time.” Mohanji
Let it come. Let it go. Let it flow.” Anonymous
“Going with the flow is responding to cues from the universe. When you go with the flow, you’re surfing life force. It’s about wakeful trust and total collaboration with what’s showing up for you.” Danielle LaPorte
Go with the flow. Force nothing. Let it happen – trusting that whichever way it goes. It’s for the best.” Mandy Hale